Melissa Wilkenfeld (38)
Sherman Oaks, CA
Stay At Home Mom
· Has a blog, the Little Kosher Lunch, that features kosher lunch ideas for other moms to get inspiration for fun, healthy and kosher ideas for their kids lunchboxes. Also has a YouTube channel for cooking tutorials!
· She is famous for her Hamentaschen cookies! She baked 2,000 cookies for her temple's Purim carnival and they sold out!
· In college, Melissa was an intern at Bon Appetit Magazine and assisted the photo editor at the magazine.
· Hosts parties for the holidays for her "Wandering Jews", a group of people that don't have their family close by and loves her "Latke Schmooze" parties, there is rarely an empty seat at her parties!
· Loves to cook for her daughters (ages 2 and 5) and her husband. She is implementing Jewish tradition in her family through food.
· Hanukkah is the most memorable holiday for her! She loves that it is 8 nights, so family can spend many nights together and there is so much amazing food!